Monday, October 1, 2012

The Pattern is Revealed

And this is pretty much the pattern for this Strip; just rinse and repeat.  If you've been following along, that's 26 Tunisian Knit Stiches across, 26 rows.  I added the extra row per color change because I wanted a slightly bigger afghan.  The white blocks are th eones that will have a pattern stitched onto them.  That's where I think my time is going to be sucked away the most.  We'll have to see.  In the meantime, I just work row after row of this pattern.  It doesn't take too long to get a strip done.  I should be able to finish this strip today and then start on the 3rd pattern.  Then we can start on the decorating.  Once that's done, all ends will be woven in and then the afghan will be sewn together.  Then I put the border on it.

For those that are curious, yes, Tunisian Stitches all make a fabric that tends to curl at the ends.  This can be alleviated by blocking or by adding a border stitch, for the most part.  Some blocking after that may be necessary, but usually only a steam block.  When you're sewing strips, however, the curling effect goes away once the border is on.

So, without further ado, the pattern:

No comments:

Post a Comment