Thursday, October 11, 2012

Late Post

Sorry for not posting for the past few days.  October is an insane month, with some sort of celebration at least once a week, with both mine and my daughter's birthday being last week.

But I wasn't idle.  Or...I guess I was a little bit, which is why I was able to get all of the panels for the second pattern done and start on the third.  I have since finished one panel of the third pattern and I am starting on the second.  Time for the picture!


This panel is seven stitches across and done in only two colors instead of the three of the other panels.  There are four of these to do, it's done in the same tunisian knit stitch as the others, and then I get to start the duplicate stitching on the white parts of the other panels. 

In other news, I am getting the last bits for the Pattern Request that I was given, so that should go up later today or tomorrow.  Also, I have an idea!  I am thinking about doing a Mystery Stitch-Along!  Once a month, I will give you a list of yarn and things that you're going to need for a project, but I won't tell you what we are making.  I'll post pictures of everything as well.  After about three days, I'll post the first part of the instructions.  All of the instructions will come with step-by-step pictures to follow along with in case you are just learning how to crochet.  I'll even write out the full names of the stitches so that I don't confuse anyone.  The patterns will be written out in US terms, but I will make certain that in the beginning I do a step-by-step of all of the stitches used in the pattern so that everyone can follow along.  Just go back and reference the Stitch Glossary as needed. 

Because you won't know what you are making until it's finished, it's safe to say that we won't be making anything that specifically needs to be sized.  A lot of the ones that I have selected are charity items, and at the end, I'll give you an address for you to send them, if you would like.  It's always nice to give something to someone in need, and learn a new skill as you do so!  I'll try to incorporate new techniques as we go as well, that way you're ready for harder patterns.

If you have a request for a pattern for our first Mystery Crochet-Along project, go ahead and leave me a comment.  Try to keep it a genre, like *Hats* or *Afghans* or *Gloves* as I don't want anyone knowing the pattern until they're done.  Who's all looking forward to this one?

1 comment: