Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reader Request: Little Girl Clothes

One of the most interesting (or annoying, either way) things about me is if I really like doing something, I like to give myself as many ways to do it as possible.  This is why I tend to collect crochet and knitting patterns.  I honestly plan on doing each pattern to try it out and see if it's something that I would recommend to my friends.  This also means that I have a huge library to go to when I'm looking for something specific.  So, I absolutely love it when a reader or friend asks me if I have any patterns for anything.  The answer is always YES!

Today's request is for Little Girl Clothes.  Do I have any?  That's a silly question!

For a little hoodie, since the nights are starting to get cold, Lion Brand has this Child's Hooded Cardigan that is really easy to make up.  Homespun has really cute "girl colors" and it's nice and warm.  The yarn is prone to split though, so if you use it, be wary of that. 

The Kiddie Car Coat looks like it would be really warm, and it's done in a chunky yarn, so it makes up pretty fast.  Bernat yarn is a little more forgiving when it comes to yarn splits, and it's fairly soft.  I'd personally do it in a different color, but I'm pretty sure that they have enough chunky colors that you can make something suitably girly.

 
This might be something that she would really like, especially as she gets older.  It's a cowl and wristlet set, and it's very quick and easy to make. 
 


 
I know that it's starting to get cooler in most places on the map, but a little halter top to run around the house in is always handy.  And, if you make it a little bigger than she is, she can always wear it next year.

 
This pencil skirt is absolutely adorable and easy to make.  I highly suggest using the elastic for the waistband.  Just crochet over it and you won't even know that it's there.
 
 
This Lemon Drop Dress is way too cute, and I love the colors that they picture it in, which is rare.  I made this for my niece, since we call her "Treefrog" in these same colors and it turned out really cute.  It comes together pretty quickly, and I really like Caron for inexpensive yet silky yarn. 
 
 
This Bobble Dress is really cute, and the website has the instructions so perfectly laid out, with pictures every step of the way, that it's easy to follow.  If you haven't done a bobble before, it can be kind of tricky at first, but it does get easier with practice.  One way that I have learned to slip your hook through all of the loops without a hitch is to make certain that you rub your hook with wax paper before you start.  Watch your tension, and this little trick will make it really easy to make those bobbles.
 
 
This Halter and Skirt Set is another good one to have on hand around the house, or a perfect summer outfit.  I like the colors already, but it's easy to change the color scheme around.
 
 
This Gypsy Blouse is really cute on little girls.  I made this one in pastels for my niece, but the bright colors work out just as well.
 
 
 
This cute little sweater has got a lot of character to it, with it's little openwork row near the bottom.  It's bobbles again, so don't forget to wax up your hook. 
 
 
So there you have it, 10 free patterns that are easy to work up.  If you want more patterns, or have an idea of what you're looking for besides just girl clothes, let me know.  I narrowed it down from hundreds, so I have a lot more to choose from.
 
And if you are looking for a pattern but don't know what to look for, just drop me a request in the comments.  I can always look through my stash and see what I have to provide.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Love it! She is a tutu and skirt fanatic. Plus I need to find something for big brother.

    And baby hats, as I am making them for clients and the local birth center, once they are off the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tutus, skirts, big brother, and baby hats. Ok, I'll look those up later today.

    ReplyDelete