Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pattern 2, Strip 1

I worked on my afghan last night and got mostly done with this strip.  I should have the strip done by today, at least, and move on to the next one.  I only have one more strip to do in this pattern before I move on to Pattern 3, which has 4 strips in it.  Once I finish the strips, then I have to go back and do some duplicate stitching before I can sew everything together and start on the border.

Before the questions start coming in, no, this really is done in crochet.  This technique is called the Tunisian Knit Stitch, and it makes the fabric look like it's been knitted instead of crocheted.  It makes for a softer, thicker fabric than if it was just knitted, and it uses the same basic technique as Tunisian Crochet.  If people ask for it, I might put a tutorial on here for those who are interested.

I didn't get a whole lot done, only about 25 lines, but I didn't have a lot of time, either.  All of the lilac and the starting line of royal purple is what I got done yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment